MarkMagic Enterprise 6.5 - Mod Level 081219IBM Power Systems iOS V5R4
New features to MarkMagic 6 include:
- New MRKMAG60 library. One of the reasons MarkMagic 6 can coexist with older MarkMagic versions is because a unique name is given to the core MarkMagic library for each new version Note: MarkMagic version 4.1 and older use: MRKMAG and MRKMAG 5 uses MRKMAG50.
- New Print Manager Add-On Option: This “rules based” option allows users to define extremely complex print, fax, and
email jobs with no programming. (Please see Section 5 for more details on this powerful option)
- Native System i FAX support added to PDF/Email Option. Any format designed using the MarkMagic HPPCL5, HPLJ4P, or AFPDS printer device types can now be faxed directly from the System i without format modification. This option requires IBM Facsimile Support for System i (licensed program: 5798FAX) to be installed and functional with an enhanced services fax user profile enabled. (Please see Section 5 for more details and prerequisites)
- New RFID Field Type. MarkMagic 6 introduces a new field type “RFID” to meet your dynamic RFID tag requirements.
The RFID field type supports various tag encoding schemes, tag types, password locking, user data, and can optionally convert System i data to HEX.
- New Field Usage Definition: Any variable field can have a “usage” defined as part of the field. This new feature is used mostly with RFID data and to interface with CYBRA’s native System i RFID Control Solution, EdgeMagic.
- New Administration Menu provides increased security and control over several MarkMagic operations. Note: Security
Officer (SECOFR) authority is required to utilize this menu.
- Sequence Numbers allow you to predefine *SEQ numbers which can be used in MarkMagic formats. MarkMagic
maintains a record of last number used.
- MarkMagic 5250 Help access via the Web. Pressing “F1” will now display our detailed web documentation in your default browser.
- New Bar Code Subtype Panels. Creating bar code fields is more intuitive then ever. Bar Code field types are now split
into two popular subtypes, Standard One Dimensional (1D) and Two Dimensional (2D). Only required fields for each subtype are displayed on the “Work with Bar Code” screens.
- New MarkMagic 6 Authorization Scheme. Please contact your account manager for a new code when upgrading from 4.1, 5.1, or 6.0.
- New RFID Print Drivers added for Intermec, Sato and Datamax printer device types.
- New Examples Library: MMEXAMPLES contains sample source code as well as sample RFID, FormWeaver, PDF/Email/Fax formats and jobs.
- NEW VICS BOL Check Digit: VICS Standard Bill of Lading check digit scheme as been added as check digit type “23”
- Enhanced PCL Laser Color Support: HPPCL5C print driver supports color text, lines, boxes and graphics. Note: target printer must support the PCL5C printer language.
- Datamax True Type font support: Datamax “class” printer drivers now support True Type fonts.
- Paxar/Avery Garmet Printer Mode Support: SNAP line of print drivers including 636 and 676 now support multiple sense marks and configurable cut distance.
- New add-on option “On Demand” allows the serving of MarkMagic forms over the internet to your customers, vendors and employees. MarkMagic On Demand is a web based portal that allows your customers to securely sign on (using a userid and password) and search for and display, print or e-mail their invoices, statements, purchase orders, or other MarkMagic Forms.
- New Quick Update, upgrade option for Ver. 6.1 Mod 080620 users. This is the fastest method to upgrade from Mod 080620 to Mod 081219.
- Added ability to print the Euro symbol using Printronix (PGL) printer types.
- Enabled scaleable True Type font printing on Datamax “class” printer types.
- Added new “mode” options to the Paxar garment label printer driver. Users now have the ability to control which sense marking the printer will look for as well as adjusting cut distance.
- Users now have the ability to fax documents through use of the Print Manager option.
- UPCE-1 has been added a valid barcode type for HP laser printer devices and Printronix devices.
- Fax specific help text has been added to the help documents for the PRTLBLF command.
- MarkMagic will now check for installed licensed program “AFP utilities” (5722AF1) before attempting to convert AFP graphics and page segments.
- MaxiCode 2D barcode will now print in the proper position on 180 degree rotated Zebra labels.
- *FAX added as valid emulated device option in OVRPRTJOB command.
- Formats that use “@MSG” message file text fields will now print the correct information when printed as a PDF.
- Printing “variable graphics” using Datamax printer types has improved significantly.
- Updates have been made to the AFP printer driver in relation to MaxiCode 2D barcodes printing along side normal 1D barcodes. Also, the end of transmission “EOT” character will now encode correctly in the MaxiCode barcode.
- A critical update has been made to the Intermec printer driver resolving a problem that caused MaxiCode 2D barcodes to not print.
- When printing PCL formats using AFP Emulation, or faxing HP laser forms, 1D barcodes now resemble the original PCL barcode more closely.
- Updates were made to the PCL and PCLC laser printer driver including duplex printing while combining multiple graphics and barcodes, barcode sizes when printing along side graphics, “variable graphic” positioning when graphic sizes were different from page to page, and the position of 2D barcodes on landscape documents.
- Corrected a problem that caused a program to crash when using Quick Edit on a barcode field.
- Resolved a program error that occurred when copying formats to non-existent libraries and canceling out of the “create user library?” question.
- Adjusted the placement of vertical lines printed using Avery Dennison printer type. Previously, lines would appear to grow in thickness to the left. They now grow in thickness to the right.
- Changed the message received when a temporary MarkMagic license code was set to expire on that same day. Previous message was off by one day.
Supports: IBM OS V6R1 – V7R2 (Note: OS V7R3 and above require MarkMagic 9 or higher.)
Important Installation Requirements:
CYBRA uses ZipSeries to install iSeries objects. First download and install ZipSeries on a PC . Then download the zipped installation objects to a temporary directory on your PC. Extract each object, then click to install to iSeries with ZipSeries.
Select this download if you are currently on MarkMagic Version 6.0,5 or MarkMagic Version 4.1 Mod Level 011025 or later.
(081219) The complete MarkMagic 6.5 system as shipped on CD. Does not include JMagic installation files. (62 MB)
Package to update MarkMagic Version 6.5 Mod Lvl 080620 or later to MarkMagic Version 6.5 Mod Lvl 081219. Does not include JMagic installation files. (26 MB)
Select this download ONLY if you are currently on MarkMagic Version 6.5 Mod Level 080620
Email: Help@CYBRA.com | 914-963-6600 – Option 4